EWRS Workshop “Sustainable Weed Management in Mediterranean Cropping Systems”
3-days-Workshop of the EWRS WGs "Weed Management in Mediterranean Cropping Systems” and “Herbicide Resistance”
Antalya, Turkey, POSTPONED TO NOVEMBER 2024
PLEASE NOTE: POSTPONED TO NOVEMBER 2024! - The workshop is aiming to review the different strategies of weed control in order to mitigate the evolution of weed resistance to herbicides and improve the cropping systems sustainability
An introduction on the status of weed control in the Mediterranean Area (Keynote speaker).
- A series of presentations selected from the participants’ abstracts.
- A sessions of posters selected from the participants’ abstracts.
- A discussions by groups on selected topics.
- A conclusion discussion aiming to select the frame to write a review article which will be submitted to Weed Research.
- In addition a half day excursion is planned to allow informal discussions.
Date of the workshop
Accommodation is also offered in the Concorde de Luxe Hotel. Accommodation costs for 4 nights (check-in 12th of November, check-out 16th of November) including all meals and beverages. For accommodation in a single room, participants will have to pay a cost of 150 Euros per night; in a double room it will be a total cost of 170 Euros per night.
Fees and costs
There is no fee to attend the workshop which will be limited to a maximum of 40 attendees.
Travel grants are offered for young scientists (i.e. Master-students, PhD-students and scientists younger than 35 years of age) which will refund part of their travel expenses. Travel grants can be applied for by sending an e-mail to Husrev Mennan (email@example.com), Maor Matzrafi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Roland Beffa (email@example.com) not later than 30th September 2023. Please make sure to get a confirmation email your application.
The maximum amount of the travel refund cannot exceed 500 Euros. If the applicant is not an EWRS-member, an amount equal to the yearly EWRS fee (€30 for students and €60 for regular members) will be deducted from the subsidy, and the applicant will be enrolled in EWRS for a year.
Applications for the travel grant need to include in their e-mail:
- A short motivation letter (limited to one page).
- A brief curriculum vitae (limited to one page).
- An estimate of the costs for travel and accommodation.
- A statement from the home institute/supervisor that they will cover the remainder of the expenses for travel and accommodation, should the travel grant be awarded.
Successful applicants will be informed about the allocation of subsidy by the organizers in due time. The EWRS does not provide the subsidy in advance. Travel expenses will be reimbursed to subsidiaries by bank transfer after active participation in the workshop. Details on reimbursements and declaration forms will be provided later on by the EWRS Treasurer.
Please send your registration information by e-mail to Katerina Hamouzova (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Alicia Cirujeda (email@example.com), until 30th September 2023, including the application form and the abstract form. The abstract is limited to max. 300 words. Participants applying for the travel grants should also attach the above-mentioned documents.
Download application form
Download Abstract Submission form