EWRS Working Group:
Soil Seed Bank, Germination and Early Growth
The scope of the working group is: From weed seeds enter the soil to emerged seedlings (early growth) and from formation of vegetative reproductive organs to above ground shoots are formed.
The objectives of the working group are:
- To bring fellow scientists together to disseminate information and provoke discussion on the working group topic.
- To plan and actively collaborate, through joint experimentation, towards a common goal. The end product being the development of improved models and joint publications.
- To plan a focused international conference on weed seed germination and early growth.
- To prepare a contribution for a future EWRS symposium.
- To explore collaborative funding either as a group or through using the working group as a vehicle to find new opportunities.
Last meeting was online on 21st December 2022. Next meeting will be during the Workshop of the WG to be held in Perugia (Italy) on 13th to 15th June 2023.