Mission of our working group:
We want to provide an overview on the occurrence and spreading of weeds in Europe.
The Working Group wants to exchange data, tools and methods for the assessment and spatial documentation of species and biotypes on arable and non-crop land, e.g. on amenity areas.
Our major tasks are to:
- compare and combine data from weed surveys in physical maps
- document population dynamics and regional weed changes
- derive predictions for weed problems in selected areas and on selected sites
- communicate developments in defined segments and to compare them with developments outside the EU
- find common and most efficient rules and tools for the assessment and documentation of data
Research topics to be covered
- Results of and conclusions from national and private weed surveys
- Methods for the assessment and documentation of weed populations
- European and global mapping of weeds
Click on this link to go to the Weed Mapping web site: http://www.ewrs.org/weedmapping where we have an extensive references and reports sections along with more details concerning our working group.
The 5th International Symposium "Weeds and Invasive Plants" is jointly organized by three working groups of the EWRS: "Weed Mapping", "Germination and Early Growth" and "Invasive Plants"Date: October 10 -14, 2017
Venue: Chios, Greece
Click here to download the first circular. Go to https://www.ewrs-chios-invasives5.org/ for more details.
Chair: Prof. Dr. Garifalia Economou-Antonaka
Faculty of Crop Production Science
Agricultural University of Athens
Iera Odos Str.,
An unofficial meeting has been held in Prague (12-15th February 2014) in the frame of preparation for the upcoming "Training seminar for weed mapping". Prof. Soukup and Dr. Kolarova organized the meeting in the Life Science University of Prague where Dr. Kraehmer, Prof. Stefanic and Prof. Economou participated in a brainstorming putting the rules of the training course. Additionally, Dr, Kraehmer presented the "tools and the practical approaches for weed mapping" which will be the baseline for the short term tasks of our working Group.
Two documents are available for download concerning this seminar:
Weed Mapping Workshop (2).doc (55 KB)
The proceedings of the workshop "Novel and sustainable weed management in arid and semi-arid agro ecosystems and weed mapping" are now available. This was a joint workshop of the Weed management in arid and semi-arid climate working group and of the Weed mapping working group that took place September 29th to October 3rd, 2013 in Chania, Crete, Greece.
The proceedings are available here: