Objectives and Activities
The Objectives of the Society are:
- to promote and encourage weed research and management in Europe and elsewhere,
- to assist in communication between researchers active in weed science,
- to collaborate with national and international organizations involved in weed science.
The Activities of the Society include:
- Organization of symposia and conferences
- Assistance in education and training programmes.
- Organization of working groups and research groups.
- Weed Research, official journal of the Society. (Published in English only).
- Proceedings of symposia and conferences.
- Technical Bulletins based on the activities of working groups.
- The EWRS bookshop provides access to all the past proceedings and technical bulletins created by the society.
- The EWRS newsletter, published in English, on the activities and achievements of EWRS.
- Working groups
- In order to support international co-operation and collaboration the EWRS supports 'working groups' of scientists in specific disciplines within weed science. These working groups aim to foster collaborative experimentation as well as organising international meetings. The structure of the working groups is continually under review to ensure the greatest scientific benefit and the best use of resources.